Wednesday 20 February 2013

DiY twist dress

Sorry we haven't posted for a bit,I (Esme) have been doing a lot of revision for school and homework.But here's our new D.I.Y idea inspired by http://blog.boatpeopleboutique.com/page/6 twist dress. Hope you like it.



   Step one get a old dress, preferably quite tight, that you don't wear.
   Step two, get some fabric scissors (sharp) and a fabric pen.
  Step 3, mark were you would like your twists to be on the dress. I dusnt have to be that straight but maybe use a ruler so it dusnt go to wonky.
  Step 4, mark were you need to cut up to. So you will have 4 marks on your dress,Dont worry these marks wont be noticable.
   Step 5, cut right through the dress through the first and second marks. But stop at the second mark in the middle.
  Then repete with the other side.
   Now you dress will look something like this!
   Step 6 put you hand through the first gap in the dress and go through the dress to the ajacent bottom of the dress.
   And it will look like this!
 Step 7, Repete

  And now the dress will look something like this!



     Hope you liked it, Please try it! It only takes about 10 minetes, and it will make your old and unused dress into something new.
 Esme and Lexie
           X 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is actually pretty cool! You should make a youtube video.. I would try it but I feel if I tried it I would totally mess it up :(

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really cool! I have some tight dresses I don't use either, and I'll probably give it a try. Anyway, if I do try it myself, I'll post it on my blog and let you know!
    Just found this blog, and I'm looking forward to the next few posts. I'm exited to see what things I can try as well!

    x, Yana
    daisysuns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete